Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rescuing Treasured Pieces In Mixed Media Collages

 Adding Mixed Media Collage Remnants To Notecards

 What do you do when a Mixed Media collage you are working on just isn't hanging together, yet you fall in love with some of the sections in that same collage?
Let's say you have added several lalyers to the collage but still you just are not satisfied with the total picture?

When I am at my wits ends, I tear the collage up into pieces and save the pieces that I adore to use in a new way. Recently I started added these treasured torn remnants to note cards or to other collages that need some embellishment.

 I like the way you get rough and ragged edges to torn pieces that have had several layers before.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. so glad you posted the collage rescue tip! Its a great idea that makes you realize you haven't wasted your time even though the original try didn't work. It also makes me happy to know there are others out there who are as bent on saving/reusing as I am! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis