Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Collecting" Kitchen Collectibles On Pinterest.com

Addicted To Pinterest.com

It's time for me to confide with my followers, I'm addicted to Pinterest.comhttp://pinterest.com/kitschnstuff/. I have discovered so many new websites, blogs, businesses, ideas, tips etc. There is nothing like the power of the image to hook you in. It's taken me awhile, but I think I now have the hang of these virtual pinning boards.

Meeting Kitchen Collectible Collectors On Pinterest.com

I'm getting to "meet" a lot of other obsessed Retro and vintage collectors and  am having a lot of fun sharing  pictures of vintage kitsch and kitchen collectibles with like minded friends. Pinterest.com is a great social media tool for antique dealers. In my case, I concentrate on kitchen  and home collectibles and decor and have themed my Pinterest.com board accordingly. Additionally, I am sharing a sneak preview of my Pinterest.com boards on my blog sending traffic back and forth.

Truthfully, I am having more fun on Pinterest.com than going antiquing. I get to "collect" in cyberspace without the cost, fuss and time that driving around junking entails. I'm becoming real fond of my "collections" and am getting the same buzz after spotting something on Pinterest.com that I used to get when out antiquing.

I'm addicted!

Please visit my board at
http://pinterest.com/kitschnstuff/

Pyrex image (top) Etsy.com

Collage image of tablecloth courtesy of http://sointovintage.blogspot.com/2010/01/thrifting-gods-just-say-no.html

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. I am completely addicted to Pinterest and am now following your boards!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis