Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Building Collections With Vintage Industrial Springs

Quirky Shoppers Adore Old Factory Springs

You have to be fast when you shop at the Junk Shop of Canton. When you spot something new and interesting, you must act quickly because funky stuff does not last long in this stuffed shop on Route 44 in Canton, CT. These heavy duty industrial springs caught my attention during my last visit to the Junk Shop of Canton. I had no idea what I would do with them in my home but that didn't stop the gal who was shopping in the store at the same time.

She was a seasoned quirky shopper who loves to build collections of odd shapes, materials and subject matter. She sprung into action and grabbed these great springs. You snooze, you lose.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis