Thursday, June 30, 2011

Visiting "Not Just A Crock Antiques" In Westbrook, Connecticut

Antiquing In Connecticut's Shoreline: Stopping At "Not Just A Crock" An Antique Emporium

"Not Just A Crock" on route 1 (Boston Post Road) is a sprawling Antique emporium sitting across the street from Waters Edge Resort in Westbrook, CT. This place is amazing.....you will find rooms, trailers, barns etc. filled with architectural salvage, furniture, cottage antiques and collectibles, pottery, garden antiques, primitives, kitchen collectibles, country collectibles, nautical antiques and so much more.

Architectural Salvage, Cottage Antiques, Garden Collectibles, Fresh Produce In Season
I loved my visit and talking with the owner who said her name was "T". She took me through all the nooks and crannies as well as through the garden, produce stand and outer building which are packed with very interesting found objects, antiques, custom furniture and vintage finds.

Lots Of Original Pottery At "Not just A Crock"

Married to a potter who has a studio on site, "T" takes great care in arranging her collectible in very unique ways. My visit was so enjoyable, I urge you to plan a visit to this part of Connecticut, known as the Connecticut shore region. Westbrook is sandwiched between Old Saybrook and Clinton, two areas where you will find other popular antique stores Clinton Antique Center (also on Route 1) as well as the Sunday, Clinton Village Antiques and Collectibles Flea Market ( 27 E. Main Street. Route 1.) You never know what you will find in either place, so be prepared for surprises.

Eating In Westbrook, CT.

You already know that if I am out antiquing, I am also on the hunt for a quick but GOOD lunch or supper. So, while I am telling you about the Connecticut Shore, let me mention two favorite spots.

While everyone seems to wait on line at "Lenny and Joe's Restaurant" an excellent well known fairly priced seafood eatery in Westbrook, I prefer "Edd's Place" Linknearby. I usually take my Sheltie, Jacob with me and at Edd's I can sit outside and have a delicious meal without the tumult that you find at Lenny and Joe's. Both places are quite good.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

2 comments:

  1. Dianne,
    Now I really want to go shopping with you! This place looks great!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go antiquing there!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis