Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Antique On Social Networks

I Antique On The Road And Also From The Comfort Of My Own Home


I Antique
all the time wherever I go... on the way to a family gathering, on route to a wedding, while out grocery shopping. I mean you never know when you will bump into a good tag sale or a new shop or an established Antique Mall. While my husband is busy programming his GPS (an invention I hate), I am calculating how I can get off the beaten path (suggested by the GPS) and discover some new antique haunts not necessarily on the computer's map. I sit next to my husband co pilot equipped with hand written notes, newspaper clippings and brochures that I have accumulated over the years. Good-bye GPS, hello my nose for antique shops.

Can Your Find Good Junk With A GPS?


If you really love going antiquing.... than using a GPS with a planned out route could be a problem for free spirited antique travelers. If you are like me, you have to be flexible enough to stop at all and any junk depots. And using a GPS with a planned out route could kill the thrill of getting lost in antique paradise.
I Antique in my sleep and when I am home I Antique at I Antique Online.com, the largest social network on antiques and collectibles. As I said earlier, I Antique all the time! Back to going antiquing in my car.

Now I am sure there will be those of you who point out to me that a GPS could be helpful in pointing out some shops along the way as it does for gas stations, Dunkin Donut locations, hotels etc. BUT when it comes to people like me who live to go antiquing.......a GPS is not the answer. We need to discover those hole in the wall places or yard sales that only those of us with a nose for a good joint or haunt will .

I Antique From The Comfort Of My Own Home

Now let's say that you are out shopping all day or all weekend and that you come home empty handed? It's a real let down isn't it? But there is a solution....you can antique ONLINE. That is what I do I sit down at my computer and I Antique Online at I Antique Online.com (my website).Come join me, you will love antiquing from the comfort of your own home!


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis