Sunday, March 27, 2011

"Refind Green Designs": A New Vintage And Collectibles Shop In Downtown, Manchester, CT

Thrifty Kitschy Shoppers Will Love "Refind Green Designs" In Downtown, Manchester, CT

I was off to Manchester CT to one of my favorite haunts when I stumbled across a brand new vintage shop called "Refind Green Designs". Cheryl the owner was as friendly as can be and was still unpacking oodles of vintage clothing, retro items and goodies galore.

You'll Have A Ball Meeting The Owner of Refind Green Designs

Cheryl is the type of person that you feel like you have known for years. She makes you feel real comfortable and wants to push the stuff right out of the store so she is very fair.

After spending a bit of time with Cheryl, you feel like you are with your BF ...having a hoot , shopping and chatting away.

Filling Up Shopping Bags With Goodies

I filled several big shopping bags before I left "Refind Green Designs". Cheryl climbed up on a ladder and pulled down all these very dusty but great advertising tins and bottles.

Funky Retro Finds in Downtown Manchester, CT

She had a lot of very funky collectibles in the store , all mixed together in a rather random matter that seemed to work quite well. I especially like the way she used an old metal locker to display vintage clothing. And boy did she have a lot of clothing everywhere. While I was visiting the shop, Cheryl was putting out dozens of vintage lady's hats.

Vintage Versus Thrift?

Now you know I like to be straight up with my readers. This tiny vintage shop is located in what is known as The Manchester Mall on Main Street in Downtown, Manchester, CT. This very old building leases out tiny stores to a variety sellers of mostly thrift like merchandise.

Refind Green Designs Is A Shop With Vintage Attitude!

It's a real hit or miss type of place and I only stop by when I am in town visiting Silk City Antiques a Mullti-dealer shop which is a few doors down from "Manchester Mall" (not to be confused with Buckland Mall). "Refind Green Designs" in the very front of this Mall building is a cute little shop that seems to have a lot more interesting stuff than the neighboring shops . I have a feeling Cheryl will keep up her shop with fresh inventory and lots of energy!

Historic Downtown Manchester, CT

The Manchester Mall is part of the Downtown historic area which grew in the 1900's in response to the Cheney Manufacturing Company, producers of silk textiles. Cheney was once the largest manufacturer of it's kind in the United States. At one time, the downtown area had Woolworth's, Montgomery Ward, W.T. Grant and many other
department stores.

Visiting Downtown Manchester, CT Restaurants

Today, the Downtown district is trying hard to revitalize the area. Tucked away in some of these old building is some very good restaurants. My favorites are Corey's Catsup and Mustard (featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, Dives) , Mulberry Street Pizza and The Landmark Cafe.

Refind Green Designs
811 Main Street
in The Manchester Mall
860-550-1954

Postscript: this store is closed at that adress 11/6/12

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

2 comments:

  1. Eek- picture three! I'm so inspired by the frame photo of the Geisha-like female! I might have to sit down and paint that one...love the bright colors.

    I'd love to shop here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend and I just stopped in Refind Green Designs for the first time yesterday and Cheryl was awesome!! Not only did she have tons of great items but she also passed along some great info on where to find auctions in the area. This was extremely helpful seeing as I'm a newcomer to picking, collecting, and selling antiques and collectibles. I definitely recommend Refind Green Designs!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis