Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kitschy Collector Mourns Her Hard Drive: Time To Go Out Antiquing

Retro Blogger Exhausts Her PC

Say goodbye to my hard drive. I believe I killed the poor thing. How this unfortunate untimely death occurred is beyond my clueless computer mind. But my techy son returned from college last night and made the pronouncement. A new hard drive with a much larger storage capacity is on it's way.

Kitschy Collector Mourns Her Blogging Friend

What went wrong? Did I tucker this three year old computer out with all my blogging? Heck I was just getting started ? Was this event a message from above that I was spending too much time on-line and not antiquing enough ? Or perhaps my "mother board" and hard drive weren't getting along. (Welcome to the family).


So Many Kitsch n Collectibles


The truth is I had so many photographs of kitsch n collectibles stored on the computer that signs of overload were starting to emerge. Essentially my computer was suffering the equivalent of Congestive Heart Failure.

When You Feel Lousy: Go Antiquing

Oh, dear me, I feel terrible. And when I feel lousy, I just want to go out antiquing, like I have been doing all week while I have been waiting for a diagnosis.

CODE 7 : Very Bad News


But the diagnosis came last night, CODE 7. My son broke it to me gently....."mom it is not good news.....". I have not gone into panic mode (yet) because I had a back up hard drive. I am trying to work a little from my husband's computer....but all the goodies are on my computer. May she rest in peace.


Photos courtesy of :
http://www.etsy.com/shop/thefrenchcountrylook

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PreserveCottage

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your computer but I had to laugh...I too rely on my technie college son for all my computer fix ups. Hope he can save your photos, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer prayers for you. Love the cheerful kitchen shots.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis