Saturday, May 22, 2010

Baking With Vintage Toy Kitchen Sets And Collectibles

Do You Treat Your Toy Kitchen Collectibles As Gold Or Would You Actually Have A Real Tea Party With Theses Precious Collectibles?

Introducing The Little Red Hen Blog: On Family,Fiber, Food, Fun

So when I was poking around in some of my favorite kitchen related sites yesterday, I came across a delightful post on The Little Red Hen blog. This gal actually baked with one of her aluminum baking sets. She made mini cookies and cakes. How sweet is that. She does warn us to watch the oven as these mini desserts cook very quickly.

Collecting Toy Kitchen Collectibles


I have been collecting toy baking tools and utensils for years. I also have quite a stash of toy tea sets and baking sets. In the early years, I was very protective of my little kitchen-wares. I wasn't quite ready to have my daughters play with them because I was thinking of them as "collectibles". But now I am over it. How nice would it be to spend some time with your young child or grandchild and have a real Tea Party and actually baking with your toy kitchen-wares. Perhaps one way to think about these special collectibles is to set aside one special set or a few designated pieces for baking and continue to collect other pieces for your collection or re-sale.

These amazing photographs are from
The Little Red Hen.Her shop on Etsy.com
is Egg Money You will really enjoy her post about how she actually baked with her play set.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

8 comments:

  1. Hi! thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and adding me to your blogroll..Did you finished that book you email me about a year ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 521 sent me over and I am so glad she did, this blog is eye candy I am a new follower and will be excited for every post! If you get a chance pop over to my blog and say Hi!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I used to have a little baking set too. I don't remember it being this extensive, or even this cute? but I made chocolate cakes for my favorite uncles, and probably any time Mom let me. Who wouldn't want to make goodies in these sweet things!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah... the many, many hours of fun we had with our tea sets and our baking pans! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over here from 521, Oh and I am in HEAVEN! I use all my inherited OLD kitchen stuff like my great grandmas Potato masher and pie crust cutter thing, and rolling pin. Just got a Mint sunbeam mixer not super old but old enough to have far more power than my modern one :) I have a lot of reading to do on this blog of yours missy! My mom has a swanky swig collection and pink pyrex I have some of the blue snowflake, and I could go on and on but I'll save it for next time hee hee Have a lovely Sunday!

    luvs and glitter
    ~jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neato! This makes me want to start collecting kitchen-y toys, so cute to play with and they make such great vintage kitchen decorations!

    Just found you today, so glad I did! I added your button to my vintage blog! :D

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I have the same table that I use for my computer desk. Someday I'll take photos.


    Can't wait to see the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some wonderful aluminum baking sets, and have been "sitting on them", unsure of how to price them. Well, now I can sit a little longer and consult your book when it is published. Thanks, Diane!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis