Saturday, February 21, 2009

Do You Remember Vienna Fingers ? Collectible Cookies




I was visiting my sister Susan recently and I opened up her pantry and lo and behold she had a bag of "Vienna Fingers"...................wow I had a flashback right back to the 1950's. I was so excited to be able to once again separate the cookies into two halves...consuming the white frosting first and then eating each half slowly.

The Good Ole Days
Then my husband walked into the kitchen........."oh my G-d, Vienna Fingers"......he too was so excited. So one by one family members piled into the kitchen and we had a Vienna Fingers Festival. The cookies tasted just like in the old days, but we all noticed that the packaging was different. Our cookies were wrapped in a "Keebler" package

Wasn't "Vienna Fingers" made by "Sunshine"?So when I returned home, I contacted the press relations representaive for "Vienna Fingers" and asked her for some background information: Here is the reponse I received: "Sunshine introduced Vienna Fingers in the late 1940's. Keebler acquired Sunshine in 1996, and Kellogg acquired Keebler in 2001"..

I bought my own package of Vienna Fingers the next time I went shopping...but having these cookies in easy reach is going to be a problem for me. I really need to "schedule" my collectible cookies feasts carefully. My solution was to eat Vienna Fingers only when visiting my sister (who lives almost three hours away). . Here is what happened this past weekend. I returned to Susan's house eager to discover some more Vienna Fingers in her pantry and all I found was a bag of Oreo's.......... Oreo's are NOT Vienna Fingers!Anyone ready to talk about White Castle Hamburgers?

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.

To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link:
C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff

Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com

Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com

Dianne is a member of:
The American Society of Journalists and Authors
The Authors Guild, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis